Order Your Chef Market Basket
We're collaborating with local chefs to offer the Chef Market Basket: a DIY dinner kit complete with easy-to-follow recipes and the finest ingredients sourced from the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, all in one convenient box.
This February, March, and April, we’re offering two Chef Market Basket each month. Chefs are an important part of the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market community. More than 200 of San Francisco’s best chefs shop here regularly and are inspired by what our farmers bring to the market. We want to share that experience with you.
Your basket can be delivered directly to you or picked up at the market every Tuesday. We’ve brought on Luke’s Local to pack up the boxes and get them to you.
CURRENT BASKETS: MARCH 2013
Option 1: Chef Market Basket by Robin Song, Hog & Rocks
- Roasted Broccoli with Meyer Lemon and Pistachio Salsa
- Roasted Root Vegetables with Baby Kale and Farm Egg
Option 2: Chef Market Basket by Lauren Kiino, Il Cane Rosso
- Savory Root Vegetable Pancakes with Creme Fraiche
- Warm Brown Rice, Cauliflower and Escarole Salad with Garlic Vinaigrette
- Meat eaters' add-on: Prather Ranch Bacon
All recipes are gluten-free and can be made vegan.
February Option 1: Chef Market Basket by Joanne Weir
- Fennel Soup with Meyer Lemon Crème Fraiche
- Fresh Spinach and Shaved Root Vegetable Salad
- Meat eaters' add-on: Half a pasture-raised, organic chicken from Mountain Ranch Organically Grown
February Option 2: Chef Market Basket by Starbelly's Adam Timney
- Grilled Little Gems, Market Oranges, Goat's Milk Feta, and Pistachio Salad
- Butter Bean Puree with Smoked Dried Tomatoes and Herb Sauce
- Meat eaters' add-on: Prather Ranch Moroccan Style Lamb Sausage