Source: Adapted from Sunset Magazine by Kimberley Hasselbrink of The Year in Food
Yield: about 9 servings
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/3 cups cornmeal
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. In a separate bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Fold dry mixture into wet. Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
3. If using a skillet, warm it over a low flame and melt another teaspoon or so of butter in the skillet – enough to coat.
4. Pour batter into skillet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
Photo and text courtesy of The Year in Food.